AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tillage implement predicament
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

billpelt
Posted 4/17/2024 19:54 (#10710600)
Subject: Tillage implement predicament

I am 90% full tillage on my operation on cornstalks. I have heavy, fertile, highly productive ground, with some tile but not a ton. I have a chopping corn head, I usually disc rip in the fall, cultivate in the spring. A few years back we switched from a deere 512 ripper to a 2700 ripper with a leveler bar on the back, and coverboards on the shanks. That change I think has been good, but hasn't been a huge step. We cultivate with a 2210 in spring with spike tooth harrow. What I am struggling with is the finish in the spring after the cultivator. Bunches, root balls, etc. The ripper doesnt do an amazing job in the fall, has no roller basket, and the cultivator doesnt either. Sure Its beans and they will grow anywhere but I cant seem to achieve the nice mellow chopped up look. My question is, If I want the Case 875 ripper, and tigermate200 finish look that all my neighbors seem to get do I need to be looking at some of those products? Or would something as simple as trading cultivator for soil finsher like a 2310 deere or a kuhn krause finisher do the job with the discs in the front and rolling basket in back? Or do I need to focus my attention on the fall tool I'm using? Or am I just a jealous neighbor?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)