AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

12 volt combine grain bin level switch indicator, to operate small LED "marker light"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/18/2024 08:34 (#10711194 - in reply to #10710949)
Subject: RE: 12 volt combine grain bin level switch indicator, to operate small LED "marker light"

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I love the idea of using an aluminum can as a float on a hinge. Reminds me of the acre counter switch I made for a friend many years ago He wanted his Calc-N-Acre area counter to go ON/OFF with the header height on his combine to get an accurate reading when he was custom combining.

I mounted a momentary push button switch on a barn door hinge and mounted it below the cab of his combine. The switch was attached to the remote run/hold wiring of the Calc-N-Acre. I used a spring to hold the movable portion of the hinge against the push button switch. A light chain was attached to the tip of the hinge. A small hook was bolted on the feeder house. By trial and error the hook was attached to different links in the chain until the action was acceptable.

This meant that when the feeder house was lowered, the chain would tighten and eventually pull the hinge downward away from the push button. When the feeder house was raised the spring pulled the hinge back against the switch. It didn't matter how high he raised the feeder house as long as the chain got loose.

This changed the status of the run/hold circuit so the Calc only counted acres when the head was down.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)