AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AC , what basic tools does one need
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

aquafarmer
Posted 4/18/2024 13:34 (#10711534 - in reply to #10709738)
Subject: RE: AC , what basic tools does one need

Missouri
I would stick with a name brand manifold so you can get parts and generally have bigger ports yellowy jacket or jb I like the jb,s because you can replace the1/4 sae stems if damaged and parts are close for me , good hoses hold the gasket better makes purging much easer here's a few on ebay the first one has cobra hoses really good hoses 196238660298 , 276390800740 , 1161455720668 you will need a set of quick couplers and a couple thermometers folding meat cooking thermometers work well look at the low rang when buying them , get some extra hose gaskets some screen sand cloth to deburr and clean corrosion off the aluminum couplers on the system this greatly extends the life of your hose couplers ,the ebay manifolds don't have 134 scale but you are probably not goin to charge buy sub cooling just use pressure I use 2.5 times ambient temp for max , as stated the jd book is good badger truck parts has a decent red dot book on line if you ever get into a system with gray snot in it wash the inside of your manifold and hoses with acetone then mineral spirits than blow out with compressed air that stuff is highly acidic cheep 1/4 turn ball valves make changing small cans and putting the liquid left in hoses into the system much easier down load a pt chart to have when working there are some laminated diagnostic cheat sheets on line mostly geared toward stationary ac but still helpful when starting out , a good manifold is worth putting / replacing gauges as they get damaged . always remember 134a dose not play well when overcharged
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)