AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn burn down?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 4/15/2024 10:39 (#10707523 - in reply to #10707050)
Subject: RE: Corn burn down?

nw NC
Different area of the country here and a long distance from you and perhaps different weed growth too. I always spray my burndown for no-till corn in late March/early April, weather permitting, using glyphosate and 2-4-D in plenty of water. Some early maturity corn is planted late April , then the rest of my full season silage corn is planted by late May and even to mid-June. There will be some new summer annual weed growth at the late planting dates, so the field will be sprayed again (sprayer on planter) with either glyphosate or paraquat depending on weed and grass species growing, and their size. All residual chemicals are applied at planting with sprayer on planter using water. Vegetation control with glyphosate is always diminished when using fertilizer solution as carrier due to fertilizer burn to plant before chemical can be taken in by the plant. Paraquat in fertilizer works good. Some nitrogen is applied in dry form broadcast shortly after planting, the rest in liquid form before corn is knee high.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)