AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else have a soft spot for horses?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

David in MD
Posted 4/11/2024 19:55 (#10703470 - in reply to #10703146)
Subject: RE: Anyone else have a soft spot for horses?

My daughter has been horse crazy since she could first walk or talk. When she got her first horse I got one to keep it company and ride with her. At one point each member of the family had a horse and my plan was to get a living quarters trailer and vacation as a family with the horses. My wife never got over her fear and my son got bucked off and broke his wrist so their horses are gone. My daughter is into barrel racing and likes to ride 3 hours in the truck for a 16 second ride on her horse. I like to ride 15 minutes in the truck for a 3+ hour horseback ride. My daughter wasn't the best student or the most focused so we used the horse to keep her attention. I've said if I don't have to pay for drug or alcohol rehab or raise a grandchild all the money I spent on horses has been worth it.

I work in a loud motorized world with tractors, trucks, grain equipment, etc. I grew up with older equipment that we had to work on to use so I never saw the attraction to antique tractors or cars. My horse is a nice quiet getaway from the motorized world. Unfortunately, as I've gotten older my comfort zone has gotten narrower and the best times to ride are spring and fall when I'm busiest on the farm. I do enjoy caring for our horses even if I don't get to ride as much as I'd like to.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)