AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

prescription drug recycling ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

RDinMN
Posted 4/11/2024 19:08 (#10703395 - in reply to #10700374)
Subject: RE: prescription drug recycling ?

Southwestern Minnesota
Since no else has replied, I will. I have worked with a Cancer Center in the past. I would advise reaching out to the Cancer Center director that you were involved with and ask them if they could reuse the meds. They do take some things as donations. Prescriptions meds may be trickier. Many patients or insurance companies may not want to go with "used" meds, even though they are unopened. It is just such a specialized product that you are depending upon helping you, that you want as good of product as possible. It's possible that someone who doesn't have insurance and can't afford that particular med would be willing to use it. It's worth a try to donate it to them if it can be of use. I would be surprised, but it's worth the call. There isn't much call for it outside of a Cancer Unit, as you would certainly want your doctor to prescribe that exact drug for you, before you would take it on your own. It does feel good when you can feel like you've done something to help someone else in a situation that you were just in.
I can feel your pain and sadness. Cancer is such a nasty ordeal. God be with you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)