AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ADM Deforestation-free Soybean Program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Red Paint
Posted 4/4/2024 21:02 (#10694133 - in reply to #10694126)
Subject: RE: ADM Deforestation-free Soybean Program

SW “Ohia”
Fattires - 4/4/2024 20:59

deeretech14 - 4/4/2024 21:27

Fattires - 4/4/2024 10:56

Yes, Silver Grove. I have done a good bit of business with them and Cargill Kellogg. I have always had good service from a merchandiser at silver Grove and can often drive over there past Kellogg, dump and get back before I would be through the line at Kellogg.
River road would be an annoying drive going past Kellogg on 275, back up into Ohio on 471 then over, it takes about an extra 20 min each way if there is no traffic.
I guess I'm just frustrated to see ADM doing this and I'm not about to give my data to FBN. Just seems like the first step on a slippery slope.

If memory serves you're over closer to Hillsboro? I'm sure the basis isn't anything to write home about but what about Cargill in Chillicothe? I've been to Bloomingburg a couple times too, takes awhile for me to get there

I'm close to Rt 32 near the Adams/ Brown county line. Basis this year has been best at the river, Chillicothe and Bloomingburg are usually quite a bit weaker than the river bid on beans. Corn seems to vary between the river and Bloomingburg. Last year most went to Bloomingburg more recently it's all gone to Kellogg or Silver Grove.
Mileage is about the same for me to get to the river or bloomingburg but time wise Cincinnati is a faster drive.
We often can get decent bid for beans at the little local elevator as long as you can deliver after harvest. They fill shipping containers with beans and seem to do well with that.

We may see competitive corn bids at Winchester if they end up railing into the new Purina plant.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)