AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ADM Deforestation-free Soybean Program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Fattires
Posted 4/4/2024 09:51 (#10693323 - in reply to #10692735)
Subject: RE: ADM Deforestation-free Soybean Program

SW Ohio
clicker - 4/3/2024 21:10

Fattires - 4/3/2024 19:33

Has anyone else heard about this program? You submit your field maps to FBN and they look at satellite imagery to verify forest hasn't been cleared to plant crops since the end of 2020. Supposedly this lets them meet European requirements for importation. All this stems from the idea of anthropogenic climate change and the policy surrounding it.
Initially the communication made it sound like a voluntary program to get a 20 cent premium, however now the location I deal with will only be taking these "deforestation free" beans. You will not be able to sell them beans at all after Sep 1st if you do not participate in the program by submitting field maps.
I surely can't be the only one who thinks this is crazy? I had liked doing business with my closest ADM location as the customer service was very good but this is making me think that I'll sell somewhere else if possible, I hate the idea of giving FBN my data after I had a poor experience with them in the past.
Details are at
https://admadvantage.com/adm-resource/

nothing to see here, they learn as each one fumbles, tillable.com was a botch, they'll get better each time as they get the data and are able to utilize it profitably, soon you'll also have to share the variety you planted, then it will be the chem program, then they'll need to correlate it to watersheds, pretty soon they'll have a nice marketable package of data to sell to the government, input suppliers or just anyone who wants it. Watch the left hand, the right hand is busy.

Maybe I'm cynical but that's exactly how I thought about it too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)