AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tornado Super Outbreak of Apriil 3 and 4, 1974
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

danaoh
Posted 4/4/2024 22:14 (#10694234 - in reply to #10693731)
Subject: RE: Tornado Super Outbreak of Apriil 3 and 4, 1974

xenia ohio
There is a really good documentary just put up on u tube about xenia. search Xenia tornado 1974. It’s long but it’s worth seeing.
I was 12 years old. We live 5 miles out of town. Sister and I were tending to our 4H steers when Mom told us to drop everything and head for the basement. I remember how strange the sky looked color wise. We had a radio and soon heard that Xenia, wilberforce, cedarville had been hit. The radio was saying more storms possible so we stayed in the basement most of the night. People were using the radio to leave messages that so and so are ok. Grandma’s farm in Cedarville had 5 barns and out buildings destroyed. Uncles house in Mason, Oh got hit.
We went into Xenia 3-4 days later. Parents told the officers at the road block we had some business to do in town and they let us through. I have never seen such total destruction in all my life. Was hard to navigate because all the landmark to get your bearing were gone. Saw stores with one or to walls left standing but bottles on shelves untouched. Straw imbedded in telephone poles. People round here still get nervous when storms roll in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)