AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Magnum Autopilot Problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/28/2024 08:43 (#10683835 - in reply to #10683786)
Subject: RE: Another Magnum Autopilot Problem

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I don't know if the auto sense cable is your problem, likely not, but I had problems with that short stub cable on my first auto steer tractor with a Trimble Nav II. My indication was an error message saying the voltage at the auto sense was not proper. Upon cutting one open, I found that the wires are only thread like in nature. I thought that flexing might be my problem so I made a four pin Deutsch to four socket Deutsch adapter extension of 16 gauge wire to go between the auto sense cable and the wiring harness. I then tie banded the short Trimble stub cable down rigidly so any flexing took place in my extension.

Since the extension was made of heavier wire, it could stand the flexing. If it should fail (unlikely) I could make another. This seems to help my situation but didn't cure it completely.

I no longer have that system in that tractor. However I did purchase a used STX-450 quad with a Nav II and auto sense. The auto sense is on the articulation point and uses that same short stub cable. I have not had any problems with that one.

Edited by tedbear 3/28/2024 08:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)