AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto shutoff for grain elevator overhead load out?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Green Acres Guy
Posted 3/28/2024 08:18 (#10683783 - in reply to #10683188)
Subject: RE: Auto shutoff for grain elevator overhead load out?

Latimer, Iowa (north central)
Ours is wired that the leg does not shut off automatically. The drag conveyors, under the bins, filling the leg will shut off automatically with the full switch. I didn't want the chance of ever plugging the leg and once a leg is running it takes very little power running empty as gravity is pulling downward on one side. It can been argued that its best to just leave the leg run constantly, similar how to a wet leg works keeping a dryer full, and just start and stop it once a day.

We have 2 switches. One slightly lower then the next, a safety if the first switch doesn't work. Both have indicator lights so we know if the first switch didn't shut stuff off, it has happened that the safety switch is used. Redundancy to prevent error.

We also have an alarm horn wired in that can be turned on or off with a switch. My wet bins, that can also be diverted to go to the loadout, come from a different leg that the conveyors are not wired into the auto shutoffs. We couldn't wire them in automatically because I want to be able to dry corn when the loadouts are full. We use the horn when emptying the wet bins and keep someone there when filling out of them. Our overheads hold 8000 bushels so can time out doing other tasks while they fill.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)