AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are you thinking of taking a cruise ship
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/22/2024 07:07 (#10674758 - in reply to #10674289)
Subject: Insure what you can't afford to lose

Pittsburg, Kansas
Our private health insurance covers foreign illnesses and accidents, but we have to pay the bill and get reimbursement. Wife had a minor incident and the bill did not amount to much, but I wanted to see if the PPO would pay. They did no problem but one thing I know is important is documentation. We got documents of the visit but had to ask and wait for them. They were all in Dutch. So supposedly we are covered. We will see if we are covered for a big major bill. My one attempt worked though. On line application was straight forward.

We have carried evacuation scuba dive insurance for many years. Life flight stuff. Recently they offered an upgrade for evacuation for any health reason, scuba related or not. We took the upgrade.

It has be said to insure what you can't afford to lose. We almost never buy trip insurance. 40 years of traveling and only cancellation were during covid, and we got credit for the flights, only losing one deposit on a resort in Indonesia. And they would credit us for future travel but I suspect it has been long enough now it is forgotten.

I guess you could say our trip insurance is prepaid. We have 40 years of savings not buying it. Money in the bank.

If we lose a trip we just lose it. At our age it is more about the lost time/experience more than the money. Money is replaceable. Time at 70 years old isn't.

Edited by John Burns 3/22/2024 07:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)