AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Logging Raven440 w/GS2600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Kamp
Posted 12/19/2006 12:36 (#75845 - in reply to #75603)
Subject: RE: Logging Raven440 w/GS2600

Central SD
I have not used a third party contoller and am not sure I can answer any of your questions. But some of your problems sound familiar. Did you setup your fields,fertilizer etc. in Apex or did you do it in the field on your 2600? I know I have at least 2 fields that are corrupted from Apex. Anytime I save tasks or AB's for these particular fields to my card I get screen freeze-ups or it won't show that my sprayer has moved until I have stopped after moving a considerable distance. If I use a different card without any setup info on it and define everything from the 2600 in those fields, it works good. Your situation is interesting to me because I am having issues on my 4720 sprayer's contoller. The GS2600 is actually mapping and showing me that my sprayer is not putting out the correct rate. I have it set to do 5/gpa. My map looks like fruit stripe gum (in Apex also) and it should only be 2 colors at most going thru the field.
I would think that until you get the 440 and 2600 to agree that they are putting down lbs/A you will have problems. I see by going into Apex and setting up an anhydrous application that it classifies NH3 a dry fertilizer and gives a rate option in lbs./A. If your coverage map is working and turning on and off when it is supposed to the two systems appear to be communicating. The map variability tells me the 2600 doesn't know what it is applying.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)