AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Logging Raven440 w/GS2600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Matt NCOK
Posted 12/18/2006 22:41 (#75603)
Subject: Logging Raven440 w/GS2600

Has anyone else tried to log application rate from a Raven 440 into the GS 2600 display? More than a few software glitches, or maybe I just had a bad install. Tried to log as-applied data while putting on NH3 on two farms and all I ended up with was a giant mess. To start with, as soon as you connect the 440 to the GS2600, the Deere display automatically assigns the units of gal/A to your log file and won't let you select anything else, never mind that the 440 is calibrated to display lbN/A. Then the as applied map keeps screwing up, some passes don't map at all, some map at random rates, and some just disappear after they have been mapped. The GS2600 is reading the rate from the 440 correctly, you can watch it in real time, while it maps a completely different rate. No problem I think, maybe is writing it to the card correctly and it's just an error in the on screen mapping. So I bring the card home, unload it, and what do I find......the as applied map in Apex is completely different than what actually took place, or what was being mapped on the screen. I am very disappointed, both in the product I purchased and with the Stellar Support that I paid for; what a joke!!! The only advice they had to offer was "have your dealer submit a DETAC". Oh wait, that was after they asked me what machine I was using to "spray" the anhydrous on.

Has anyone else had success doing this? Do I just have a glitch in my display? The coverage map generated on guidance screen maps correctly, it's just the data being logged to the card that screws up.

*Edit* It probably isn't that bad, for the most part the system holds a lot of promise. It's just frustrating that they released something with so many bugs in it. The fact that Deere won't talk directly to customers is a bit of a thorn is my side as well.

Edited by Matt NCOK 12/20/2006 08:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)