AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sad /happy posts on "how old were u when u died"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MX 170
Posted 3/17/2024 11:42 (#10668493 - in reply to #10668169)
Subject: RE: Sad /happy posts on "how old were u when u died"

Kansas
A little more to my long post from below.

Our family time was driving to school 13 miles. My parents memorized bible verses on the way and I did also on my own in the back seat (when not working on spelling words). More time together with church family. Mom played the organ (still does) and dad taught the older peoples Sunday school class. Got to see my best friend at church also. We went to different schools though. Still best friends. I’m now farming his family’s ground. And a very nice girl a year older helped through the school years, also went to different school than me. She became a missionary. Also my 10 year older sister who was married and lived 14 hours away. When she was still at home she was Dad’s hired hand also but she says she never understood the hired part though. She came back after 32 years and hopped in her versatile and never lost the touch. (I accidentally found dad’s versatile in better condition that when it left in 1987 and bought it in 2017. One of my boys was driving it yesterday)

I lost both grandpa’s a few years before I lost my Dad. We were farming both of their farms at the time.

The best for me was the people I worked for. A strong family with 2 grown men with their families all working together. I was over there every chance I could get. 6 days a week in the summer, Saturday’s and days off school when ever possible. Even helped with silage chopping before home football games.

They had an 875 versatile I pretty much lived in during the summer. My dad had bought a new 1974 850 versatile I pretty much lived in also. I remember when dad said to take it for a round when a sales man came by once. I wasn’t even strong enough to push the clutch in. He just said to shut the key off if anything happens and hopped off. I did one round and then walked up to them talking. He said “why didn’t you keep going “.

I remember driving the old Pontiac Catalina before I could turn the key over to start it to follow him when moving around fields.

I could write a book on all the things I tore up helping at those young ages. I never remember Dad getting mad at me though.

Another book could be of all the times God kept me safe when in dangerous situations. I never let my boys do 1/2 of those things combined.

Another book could be of all the scars people received surviving/living through the 80’s. I didn’t learn to notice them till much older.

Looking back I realize that from my very beginning, God was preparing me for his work. He put the right people in my life at the right time. I knew in 1987 that I had an opportunity to farm if I didn’t blow it with drugs and alcohol. If it was like ice cream or Doritos I had better just stay away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)