AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TV reception
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

super99
Posted 3/14/2024 21:51 (#10665414 - in reply to #10665221)
Subject: RE: TV reception

Welcome to the club! We're 30 miles west of Rock Island just across the river from Muscatine, Ia. They put up a new cell tower about 4 miles east of us last summer and every since out reception is awful. I added a booster and a filter with little help. yesterday we had no channels at all. I had bought the biggest antenna that Menards had last weekend but it was too windy to install it so I got it put up this morning and we had 15 channels, an hour later we couldn't get channel 6. I tried turning the old antenna towards Iowa City and got 54 channels until it rained and then nothing. I'm aiming towards the QC but reception still sucks. Channel 4 is gone, I was told that their equipment was so old that they couldn't get parts anymore, have to watch CBS on channel 26 when it comes in. I bought a new cable to put from antenna to house today and then everything will be new, see if that helps. When we ditched Direct TV a couple of years ago, when I scanned the TV we had 54 channels, now we are lucky to get 15. Nobody works on them anymore. I called Wire One in Davenport, they said they worked on antennas. The guy came out and looked everything over and said that weather really affects the signal, DUH!! I asked him if he had meter to check signal strength, he said it was in the other truck so he didn't have one but he would quote me prices on a new system. Started at $750 for a new antenna and wire to complete new system for $2700. I told him no thanks, I wasn't going to replace anything until I knew what the problem was so he left with my $99 service call fee. At least we have good internet service so wife watches on the internet most of the time. If you figure out how to make it work, post back and I'll try it to see if it helps. A friend near New Boston has the same problems so it seems to cover a large area. Good Luck, Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)