AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Composting pen pack. What am I doing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

A&M
Posted 3/5/2024 19:33 (#10653052)
Subject: Composting pen pack. What am I doing?

So I took all my manure and piled it up in a long row last March. It’s sat a good year now and the pile has shrunk down more than half. It’s got a 4-6 inch dry crust on top and it’s fairly wet under that crust. Looks like most if not all the bedding has broken down. Is it worth it to try re-piling this stuff or let it sit another year as is for it to be worth anything? Don’t want to be spreading mud i guess. Is it worth turning? Doubt the dairy’s will rent one out.

I had an awesome business hauling manure and compost around all winter long. But that seems to have gone away the past couple years. I can’t get guys to take manure at all now even if it’s FREE. Trying to get some of that business back. I thought if I compost the manure down, they might Start taking it again. However now days it seems like they will gladly take it for free if you buy there high priced feed and foot the trucking bill on the manure. Like they are doing you a big favor. I’d rather spread it on pasture than tolerate that.

(IMG_0495 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0495 (full).jpeg (248KB - 63 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)