AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Focusing on work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Blusteryknollfarm
Posted 3/5/2024 15:08 (#10652674 - in reply to #10652394)
Subject: RE: Focusing on work

North Central Illinois
Tomcat - 3/5/2024 11:24

IALTO - 3/5/2024 11:21

Anyone else have trouble getting motivated and focusing on doing maintenance work?

Trouble staying motivated? No

Trouble with focus? YES

I’ve been grumbling since around Christmas that I’m struggling to get any momentum and get something done. Anxiety level is climbing. Seems like the cow herd is taking more time. The nice weather is playing into it also I’ve been doing things that in a normal winter it would be too nasty to do. A day of oil changes and I’d honestly be ready enough to start tillage and plant oats. The train wreck would hit later.

Saturday instead of wrenching I built fence. So like I said focus sucks. I was proud of myself and turned down the offer to go fishing across the state.

Similar situation here and that's how it is every winter. Usually end up getting a couple big projects done over winter and then spend March making triage decisions and start planting with only the critical things working on a bunch of stuff.

I don't like fishing, but in the past 5 years I've started participating in more church and community activities as well as some specific planned vacations. Life is better and I'm not really any farther behind on my to do list (which always is bigger than it NEEDS to be).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)