AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader TurnPath free trial…
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/3/2024 11:38 (#10649557 - in reply to #10649441)
Subject: RE: Ag leader TurnPath free trial…

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Everyone I talk to including the Ag Leader Rep who I ran into last night says there shouldn't be a problem with updating. Since I tried it two different ways without success I believe there is.

I suspect that if I grabbed my third InCommand 1200 that is running an older version of the display firmware that they would work together. The error message shown above indicates to me that I'm not allowed to use that update. I got that message last year also. Maybe my unit is a one of a kind since no one else seems to have experienced this.

Later edit: This morning I went to my dealer and we connected my Steer Command Z2 that didn't seem to take the SCM 4.2 update from my InCommand 1200. We connected it to an InCommand 1200 of theirs that was on V 9.2.

My Steer Command Z2 came to life with the expected indications on the LEDs. Diagnostics showed it to be at 4.2 which is what I was trying to load. It appeared that my update procedure had been successful although indications at home were contrary to that last Friday.

We then connected another Steer Command Z2 that the dealership had on hand to their InCommand 1200. We were presented with the "need to update SCM" message as I had seen at home with my tractor. We allowed it to update and after several minutes, it finished and reported success.

At that point, it appeared mine should be fine but the real test would be back in my tractor. I took mine back home and reinstalled it in my tractor. Upon startup all indications were normal. A check of diagnostics showed the SCM to be on V 4.2 as was shown on the dealer's InCommand 1200.

Terra Star Pro C converged quite quickly as usual and I was able to Auto Steer on some old AB lines. I restarted the 24 hour free Demo of Turn Path and simulated some corn planting. It worked with the initial settings but I made some changes in the Headland width and turn point distance. This changed the turn from a half circle to a bit of a keyhole pattern. The tractor would then overshoot the turn in but come back to allow the "planter" to square up behind the tractor. It appeared to work very well in my rather limited trials. All in all, I was very impressed with my rather limited trials. I suspect I will purchased the Turn Path unlock.

I really have no explanation as to why I got the error messages and warnings last Friday but it appears to be alive and well today.

Edited by tedbear 3/4/2024 12:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)