AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does one invest in stocks, crypto, etc.?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 3/2/2024 05:37 (#10647656 - in reply to #10647554)
Subject: RE: How does one invest in stocks, crypto, etc.?

South Georgia
For stocks (and mutual funds/ETFs) use somebody like Vanguard, Charles Schwab (both of which I have accounts at) or Fidelity. No experience with Fidelity, but of the first two, I prefer Schwab. I use them for investing and much of my personal banking. These aren't likely to be bought by somebody else. If you open an account at some of these others like Robinhood, odds are that at some point they'll be bought out and you'll have to go through a transition.

As far as investing goes, I recommend you read JL Collins' book The Simple Path to Wealth. I'm almost exclusively an index investor because of that book. Buying the total market index and firing my professional help is the best thing I ever did financially.

As far as Crypto, I'm no help there, but recognize that there's a difference in investing and speculating. I'm not discouraging speculation, but recognize it for what it is, and don't speculate and think you're investing.

If you don't want to buy that book, you can read it for free on his website. Google "JL Collins Stock Series" and you should turn it up.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)