AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Red meat inventory.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

centralmnangus
Posted 2/27/2024 10:40 (#10641882 - in reply to #10641577)
Subject: RE: Red meat inventory.

Ft. Ripley MN
I would be cautious about it being a good thing… it’s in our favor at the moment but there is still a lot of import talk happening…

While everything is chugging along at the moment the economy is still on life support. When I go to the grocery store I like to see what beef is going for… that’s a huge expense for families. I’m glad to have a homegrown source of beef.

There is a possibility of some sustained good years ahead for the beef guy but it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I think the people that can afford beef will continue to do so… the demand will be there. I think there needs to be some pressure applied to the government far as imports go. We honestly probably do need some to equal out our fats but there needs to be a line drawn. That’s why there needs to be COOL. Everything else you buy says where it is made. Offer both choices of homegrown and imported beef. Let the customer decide if they wanna spend the extra for USA beef. I honestly would be ok lumping the Canada beef in with ours. Far as markets outside of north America there needs to be a distinction between the two.

Wish the beef checkoff we pay into would share this message with the non farming community…. A lot of people want safe and natural foods. They want to know the story of where there food comes from… I think a few commercials showing how we raise beef compared to how lab grown or beyond meat is made would sway alot of people… the consumer would and will pay more if we told our story vs the fake meat. The customers I sell freezer beef to rave about the quality compared to the grocery store… it’s in our hands to make it happen
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)