AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Found an Interesting Product for Us Farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Iron Archer
Posted 2/23/2024 20:14 (#10637283 - in reply to #10637090)
Subject: RE: Found an Interesting Product for Us Farmers

South Eastern VA
MD GenX - 2/24/2024 02:47

Interesting..... not in a good way.

My math - feel free to correct me
Assuming 20# bags x 4 = 80 # material X 1.3%ATZ (x.013) = 1.04# ATZ now assuming yard is 9,600 sq ft (80 x 120) then 43,560/9600 = 4.54 x 1.04# ATZ = equivalent of 4.72 # ATZ per acre application rate...... Wow!...

I am a little surprised ATZ is being put in weed and feed. That would not happen in my great state I do not think...tongue and cheek.

that's why it's crazy for me to see it. Ive also seen the little bottles of Atrazine weed killer at the local garden stores.

Im south of you in VA and we have all seen or read about the "Chesapeake Bay Watershed Act" and have made adjustments to not violate it. I think its a great thing. I am a big fan of taking care of our planet. I no till all my ground and have been using cover crops for literally 30 + years and there are millions of homeowners abusing this stuff and dumping fertilizer by the ton on their yards.

It gets old being the "bad guy" when I talk to people about farming. I like to educate because people have no clue about farming in my area.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)