AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Base station location
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farmerwalt
Posted 2/16/2024 09:52 (#10625754)
Subject: Base station location

Clifton Kansas
Last year we had to install a new base station. Old Agleader 2500 base gave out. The lines and boundaries were slightly different than what they were before with the old base. (We moved the base one time before it was slightly different then also.)
I think I remember something about surveying in a base station with the Cor of engineers or something like that. That way you could setup a new one with the same location or have several bases that can work together.

Can someone tell me how to do this if it's possible?
We have a NovAtel smart 7 with 900mhz radio we got from Lance (mx270a) it works great.

It's 100ft up on top of the 10ft square tower used to support the grain leg so I don't want to climb the ladder to many times.

I know some of you fell this is not a good place to have the GPS receiver. We have rolling ground and don't strip till. I feel that if the tower has movement, it does affect us. That is the only place for the radio antenna and we have bins all around it so to be on the ground with the GPS we would have to be a distance away to see satellites from all directions. At one time we did have a trimble receiver on ground about 50 ft away from base with a low loss antenna cable up the tower to the radio antenna. We added bins in that location so had to move it. After moving the whole base up to top of leg tower we had better radio receptions in the tractors, sprayer, and combine. We farm in a 10 mile radius from base. We did have several fields that trees block signal on part of fields but after moving base to top of tower now only one field has problems.
I plan on making new boundaries by driving them after this is accomplished. And hopefully just adjusting some of the AB lines or new ones if needed. I do use SMS for my data.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)