AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone know what type of gooseneck coupler this is?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format
Posted 2/16/2024 13:23 (#10626054 - in reply to #10625082)
Subject: RE: Does anyone know what type of gooseneck coupler this is?

co2shaun - 2/15/2024 20:22

What about something like this and reuse the tube that is there? I was looking at them to make a front end for my platform trailer.

Interesting thought, but I'd still have to take it to a welder to get the old hitch removed and that piece welded on to the bottom of the tube.
I think if I go that far, I'd just replace the whole tube assembly and be done with it.
If I had a welder (and knew how to use it), that would definitely be a possible solution.

The only possible fly in the ointment is I'd lose the offset by moving the attachment point back under the tube - I need to do some measuring to see if that offset is needed to have the proper spacing between the back of the truck and front of the trailer.

I'm thinking about going with something like this for short-term.

I think I can remove the whole existing yoke assembly and install that new latch in the hole left by removing that hex-head bolt.

Does anyone see any problem with that setup?

Edited by SouthTexasSmallRanch 2/16/2024 13:25

(Gooseneck Coupler Markup (full).JPG)

Attachments Gooseneck Coupler Markup (full).JPG (195KB - 22 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)