AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone know what type of gooseneck coupler this is?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format
Posted 2/12/2024 16:48 (#10620588 - in reply to #10619872)
Subject: RE: Does anyone know what type of gooseneck coupler this is?

Thanks for all the great information!
I've spent the better part of a week trying to figure this out and in one day here I have enough information to get me going again.

The idea of drilling a cross hole under the ball, behind the shank, and using a bolt (or even a pin) to secure it may be my cheapest option; but I may also look into getting something like this to see if it will replace the yoke-style release with a more common lift-latch.

This will at least solve my dilemma of how to get it to a welder shop if I decide to go whole-hog and replace it with a new tube-in-a-tube style of modern design. The only way I do that is if I decide to do a complete restore of the trailer including sandblasting/metal repairs/repainting.
The running gear and decking are pretty solid, so that may well be in my future.

As for some of the other discussion, this trailer is a 1988 model and I bought it about 20 years ago from a guy outside of Corpus Christi, Texas. It was a bill of sale purchase and I either didn't ask enough questions or I forgot the answers, but the BOS only has it as a 1988 Ande model LS with it's VIN listed. That's the way it's registered with TXDMV, but is anyone familiar with that mfg? Or is it maybe short for Anderson? I can't find anything online about it.

I also wonder if it was originally a bumper pull that was converted to a gooseneck, since the hitch framing seems to be a little rough for it to be a manufactured trailer.

Again, thanks to everyone for the info!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)