AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader auxiliary input module pin out.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/3/2024 09:49 (#10606534 - in reply to #10606386)
Subject: RE: Switch Box for an Auxiliary Input Module SPST switches

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Above I show a rough drawing of how Single Pole Double Throw switches can be used with to create a homemade switch box for an Ag Leader Auxiliary Input Module.

Another approach is shown below. This approach uses Single Pole Single Throw switches and diodes. The Switch Detect wire is used with both approaches. Here two diodes are used "back to back" to make what can be thought of a logic "OR" gate. Like the Drawing above the idea is that since the Switch Detect wire goes to 12V when the system performs the switch presence routine that 12V will be present whether the switch is ON or OFF. Once the routine is completed, the Switch Detect returns to zero.

If the switch is actually "ON", 12V will be present from the switch. If the switch is OFF, 12V is still present from the Switch Detect source. The purpose of the diodes is to prevent back feeding.

This method can be used with OEM switches in Self-propelled sprayers that typically only use a Single Pole Single Throw switch. Ag Leader makes a harness that does the equivalent of this and has inputs that connect to the OEM switches. That is what was used with my Hagie STS-10 and now my Hagie STS-12.

I was able to modify my old harness to work with the newer sprayer. This involved moving the Master pin in one harness to a new location. A drawing for the current harness shows a 3K ohm resistor spliced onto the Master input from the Joystick. The older sprayer did not have that. I made a stub with a quick connector and 3k Ohm stub to ground in case it was needed. Yesterday I installed it and the section switches worked as expected as shown in the AIM diagnostics. The Joystick Master appeared to stay ON at all times. The indicator light on the Boom did go ON/OFF as expected. When we installed the stub with the pull-down resistor, the Joystick Master indicator changed from black to green properly. The section valves seemed to cycle properly with the various combinations.

For those considering making a homemade switch box, either of the methods I have shown can work. The first method using the double throw switches is probably easier to follow and construct as soldering is pretty much necessary with the diode approach. The current loads are quite minor but it is still probably wise to get decent switches.

Edited by tedbear 2/3/2024 09:55

(AIM_diodes (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments AIM_diodes (full).JPG (49KB - 23 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)