AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader auxiliary input module pin out.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/3/2024 07:22 (#10606209 - in reply to #10605260)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader auxiliary input module pin out.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In answer to your question, Yes, the Master will control both products. I assume you are aware that you will need to have the Multi-product unlock installed in your display. This is an extra cost unlock that has been available for the majority of the CAN based displays starting with the Insight.

The usual mindset from working with simple sprayer setups is that one would need to have a Master switch that feeds power to the Section switches which ultimately open the section valves or turn on a single unit such as a metering shaft for fertilizer. This is not exactly the case with the modern systems. The decision as whether a section valve should Open or a metering shaft should turn is not directly or completely based on a switch status.

These decisions are based on a combination of factors. You might say that the decision to open a valve or turn a metering shaft is based on "votes" from several factors or inputs. A switch is often just one of these inputs. Auto swath or an implement switch are other inputs that can cast a "No" vote for an item. If any of these inputs says "No" then the valve does not open or the metering shaft does not turn.

For example, with a simple 3 section sprayer, you would likely use a Master switch, a Left section switch, a Center section switch and a Right section switch. Each of these switches would lead to the Auxiliary Input Module. This setup would have 4 separate inputs which would likely connect to inputs F1, F2, F3 and F4.

By default the initial configuration will assign F1 as the Master, F2 as Section 1, F3 as Section 2 and F4 as Section 3. There are many other combinations that would work but there is no reason to change this.

This means that the operator can cast a "No" vote for a section or the entire sprayer by flipping a switch Off. Auto swath has it votes also so Auto Swath will cast a "No" vote for a section if it determines that the area it is over has already been sprayed. An implement switch can cast a "No" vote for the entire rig also if one is being used.

Usually a switch enters into the voting process for just one item or section but it can be involved with more than one.

With the simple sprayer example, the operator could go in and reassign which switches work with which sections. I see no good reason to do something like that but it would be possible.

But back to the original setup, using a switch box with a Master and 3 Section switches would suffice. However it might be useful to add another switch. This extra switch could go to F5. The configuration could be changed so this switch acts as another input for the granular product. This would allow the operator to shut off the granular product in certain parts of the field if that seems useful. Normally all 5 switches would be ON but this new switch could be turned OFF to stop the granular product.

Auto swath etc. would still work as before.

I use this idea of reassigning the switches with my corn planter. I am using a single Ag Leader Clutch Control module to control my ground driven planter in 12-2 row sections Sure Vacs. I also spray Pre emerge with the planter. The spray is split up into 4-6 row sections. I use an SC110 CAN switch box which has a Master and 10 sub switches.

I use the Master switch as the "overall" Master. Section switch 1 (F2) works with Seed Sections 1-3 and Spray Section 1. Section switch 2 (F3) works with Seed Sections 4-6 and Spray Section 2. Section switch 3 (F4) works with Seed Sections 7-9 and Spray Section 3. Section switch 4 (F5) works with seed Sections 10-12 and Spray Section 4. I use the switch on the far right (F11) as an ON/OFF input for the spray.

In normal planting all these switches are ON. I have the ability to stop all the spray by flipping the right most switch Off if desired. I could prevent the planter from planting and spraying in quarter sections of the total should I desire. I really have never used that ability but I can. Auto swath and the implement switch work properly.

Edited by tedbear 2/3/2024 08:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)