AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Boom Offsets - Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/7/2024 09:18 (#10612450 - in reply to #10611811)
Subject: RE: Boom Offsets - Ag Leader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Just touch the box which on my picture shows 20' Ahead. That box is a button. Then the next screen with the individual offsets will appear and you can change some or all of them. If you do not need to adjust them, then there is no reason to push the box although it wouldn't hurt anything.

Note that after I changed the offset for my center sections for the fungicide boom and returned back to the previous screen, it how states that the distances are Independent. This is your clue that they have been modified.

Your fields and guidance lines should be in your new InCommand 1200 if the transfer was done correctly. Even without being connected to an implement, you can check that the fields are present.

You could do this in a tractor, combine or even with a power cord in the office. Your farm, field list should be present as with the Integra.

I believe you might need GPS to check on the AB lines. Remember that Ag Leader associates the AB lines with the field from which they were created. This is generally helpful in selecting an AB line from the past since the AB lines shown pertain to that field. Should the AB lines not be present and your old Integra is still available, it is possible to export them to a USB stick. Then insert the USB stick into the InCommand and import them into it.

If you wish to use an AB line from an another field that is possible by checking the box to "Show all lines". You then should see all the lines from all your fields. The line you are looking for is likely there but may be hard to find unless your have used descriptive names. This is why I try to take the time to give a new AB line a descriptive name and then save it. It takes a bit of extra time but may well be worth it in the future. I use this concept to use the AB planting line from a corn field for an adjoining bean field that may have a different name. Then the first pass will line up with the corn rows.

I have even done this with a neighbor who uses Ag Leader for steering also. The AB line from the guy who plants first can be saved to a USB stick and hand carried to the other guy who can then import it into his Ag Leader. The second guy may have to adjust the offset if the width is different but the second guys passes will be aligned with the first guy's outside pass. This reduces overlap and wide spots between the two fields. This only works when the two fields have no line fence or obstructions between them.

Also I find that "cleaning house" and getting rid of old outdated AB lines is good practice. I have 3 InCommand 1200's. Although they are identical in features, I consider one my "Master". It gets moved from the planter tractor to the Hagie sprayer to the combine along with a GPS 7500 unlocked for TerraStar Pro C and subscription. I make a backup of the "Master" InCommand and can do a Restore to the others so that they are all identical as far as fields and AB lines go.

This could be done several other ways but this approach works fine for me.

Edited by tedbear 2/7/2024 15:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)