AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Boom Offsets - Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/2/2024 11:08 (#10605080)
Subject: Boom Offsets - Ag Leader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Some time back there was a discussion about setting up boom offsets with an Ag Leader system on an applicator where the boom sections are not perfectly straight across. By that I mean one or more sections are offset ahead or behind each other.

With our Hagie in regular spraying all seven boom sections are straight across from each other. When we spray fungicides we use a spray section mounted on the rear of the sprayer rather than the front center section. A 3-way valve allows us to direct that center flow to the front or back. This means Sections 1,2,3,5,6 and 7 are still in the same relation ship in front of the rear axle as before. However, the center section is then about 5' behind the rear axle. By changing the center section (#4) to a different offset, auto swath will turn the center section On later for the start of a pass and Off later at the end of the pass.

The following screen shots show the various menus on my InCommand 1200 and how I would change them from the regular setup to the fungicide setup. After I make the offset change I save the modified configuration and give it a meaningful name. I then have two configurations and choose the appropriate one for the situation.

The first picture show the offset button, push it and the next picture appears. Then push the button that shows 20' in front of the rear axle. This brings up the chart with the individual offsets. I then push the center section row to select it and edit it to show 5' behind. When I return to the previous screen it shows that the sections are different. Notice that the wording has now changed to independent offsets. I save the modified configuration with a meaningful name.

I believe the Integra works this way also.

Edited by tedbear 2/3/2024 16:16

(IMG_2400 (full).JPG)

(IMG_2399 (full).JPG)

(IMG_2402 (full).JPG)

(IMG_2398 (full).JPG)

(IMG_2403 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2400 (full).JPG (85KB - 58 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2399 (full).JPG (72KB - 55 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2402 (full).JPG (86KB - 61 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2398 (full).JPG (97KB - 59 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2403 (full).JPG (75KB - 59 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)