AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hear me out… hydrobed owners.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/29/2024 08:46 (#10598831 - in reply to #10598674)
Subject: RE: Hear me out… hydrobed owners.

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I actually did look at those years ago. For a while unimogs kind of had a cult following in the county I'm from in Utah. A shop was importing them and also some German ex military stuff for offeoad buggy. One rancher bought a unimog to feed hay to his cows. It went pretty good in their snow and mud.

But after my stint with using military gen sets, I figured save myself the headache. Good stuff, but military had their own specs so tough to find common parts interchange when needed. Engines weren't the problem more so with modules, etc. 24 volt systems, etc.

That truck the backhoe was mad by Case same as 580's I was told. Can't remember on loader if it was Case components. It really would work great for us, no trailering as most jobs are 15-25 miles from ranch.

That machine and unimogs I think would have a small market share. But emissions deal killed sales here in the U.S. when Freightliner took them over or it was a part of them.

Here is one I've had my eye on in Utah for a bit. KSL Classifieds: Unimog 419 SEE
Unimog 419 SEE https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/74373771
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)