AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for something different than digistar/TMR tracker for Dairy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Bernie nw ON
Posted 1/27/2024 07:53 (#10595606 - in reply to #10595473)
Subject: RE: Looking for something different than digistar/TMR tracker for Dairy

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Great White North

I have some reservations over cloud data also but ultimately my farm has gone so far down the path of trusting others (milking robot co) with my data this was a small step to take. I have met some of the staff of Milc and spoken to a few clients, I'm pretty comfortable with them and their competence in protecting my data.

As all the original equipment stays in the mixer truck we could always go back to paper mix sheets if the cloud system goes down. Been a year and no hiccups yet.

I wanted to have the least chance of update errors and decided to outfit my equipment with cellular data enabled tablets - a farm could deploy a wifi mesh system over the feeding area or just take the tablet / phone used to run the software into an area with wifi to update and sync with the cloud once per day if that would work for you.  The app does not need to have a data connection to function - just to send info up to the cloud and sync with any changes.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)