AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Digi-Farm/Lance's NTRIP App on Android Phone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 1/22/2024 18:04 (#10588187 - in reply to #10588155)
Subject: RE: Digi-Farm/Lance's NTRIP App on Android Phone

East Central, Nebraska
the digifarm rep is half right and half wrong. we used to have problems with a non cellular ipad getting service from a hotspot running rtk corrections. the reason for this was that a non cellular ipad, at the time, did not have gps. now if your using a device that can get gps out of the fmx to send back to the ipad app then it will work, on an fmx it may not be wired that way. so its possible the reps solution will indeed not work. not to mention you cant just take any old ipad and put any app you want on it. most old devices will not even connect to the app store. updated apps need updated operating systems, so in a way its more likely you will find an apple device that wont work than you will a android device that wont work.

as for the lefebure app that is skinned for digifarm i find it hard to believe it wouldn't run on a newer android device. i do know the challenge with any android device is they are not created equal such as an apple device. the joke used to be the free android devices for rtk streaming use are worth exactly what was paid for them. lots of people use lance's app so i am not sure your information is accurate. the biggest problems i ever saw with the lefebure app was it timing out when the screen went dark or timing out after a while. a few years ago when i was dealing directly with the issue i was able to go into the depths of the android settings and disable it from doing so.

all and all i find it hard to believe that a new device wouldn't work with the app but anything is possible. i would think that the creator will add to the post by assuring you it will indeed work. back in the day i was working on a list of devices that did not work or work well and the number of different android devices is insane and i decided the list was not worth my time. i don't believe that i ever found the app being the problem, the device being a cheap piece of junk was always to blame.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)