AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Digi-Farm/Lance's NTRIP App on Android Phone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mohr-power
Posted 1/22/2024 17:44 (#10588155)
Subject: Digi-Farm/Lance's NTRIP App on Android Phone

West-Central IL
I have been successfully running the Digi-Farm app on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ with the Beacon 3.0 plugged into my FMX's. However, the cell carrier finally pulled the plug on 3G in my area.
So, I need a new (to me) phone. I also know from previous experience, the app did not work on a fairly new android phone that I tried to install it on. I called Digi-Farm to see if they could tell me how new of a phone or what android software version would run the Digi-Farm app. They said they knew the app worked on some older android devices but didn't know which ones and couldn't guarantee it to work on any android device. The rep said Digi-Farm didn't develop the app, some individual did. Not sure why, but I asked if it was Lance. They said it was. From general reading on here, I thought lots of folks were using Lance's app with android. So all that to ask, Is there a way to run the Digi-Farm/Lance's NTRIP app on a new (or newish) Android phone with FMX and Beacon 3.0?

The Digi-Farm rep said I could run the app on an old iPad and then hotspot the phone to the iPad, but I really don't want to mess with an extra iPad.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)