AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Water setup made it through the chill (pics).
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/22/2024 08:17 (#10587308 - in reply to #10587030)
Subject: RE: Water setup made it through the chill (pics).

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I like those troughs. We tried the cement vaults for troughs on desert country, thinking we wouldn't have any vandalism. Wrong had some kids partying and sniffing paint. They came upon a trough of mine. Shot at it with a AK-47 until they blew a hole in the middle of it. Only damage they did, anywhere. I think they just found a challenge, wanted to see if they do it. So trying to go to tire troughs because of it.

To control flow of water in free flow systems I like to plumb a curbstop out side of trough to shut off or control flow. We also plumb curbstop inside trough, then take a PVC threaded plug screwed into curbstop. Drill a hole and tap threads for a brass sprinkler nozzle.

When system is running fully charged take what we call a peedoo gauge. Buy it from irrigation supply house. It's a psi gauge with tube that fits into sprinkler nozzle to measure psi. Then you can go to flow chart and see how many gallons you get at that psi.

With having curbstop valve in trough you can shut off easy with hand tools, pull PVC plug and clean if necessary or change sprinkler nozzle after they wear over time. Real easy so cowboys that aren't plumber's don't break stuff. Those small nozzles give great turbulence in trough to keep ice off them. It's nice you can adjust flows in a series of troughs with pressure and nozzles to keep flows even in a long running system. We meter water in 9-10 miles systems that way for winter operation so always flowing.

(Screenshot_20240121_205439_Acrobat for Samsung (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20240121_205439_Acrobat for Samsung (full).jpg (242KB - 33 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)