AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar rate controller in a Hagie 2101, does this sound right to you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/15/2024 14:25 (#10575819 - in reply to #10575192)
Subject: RE: Greenstar rate controller in a Hagie 2101, does this sound right to you

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have some experience with the Hagie sprayers and Ag Leader systems. There are some similarities but our sprayers are not identical and you are trying to go a Deere system.

I had a 2006 Hagie STS-10 which I purchased used. It was setup to use an Ag Leader display, Ag Leader Liquid Product Control Module and Auxiliary Input module. That sprayer would have come from Hagie with a 37 Pin connector to attach to a Raven 4600 controller. When I got it, the Ag Leader display had been removed but the modules and adapter wiring remained. I installed my InCommand 1200 with an Ag Leader adapter cable and Ag Leader GPS. It worked fine

I traded that sprayer for a 2010 STS-12 that came without any modules. It came bare in the sense that only the 37 Pin connector that would have connected to a Raven 4600 was present. My plan was to move the modules from the STS-10 to the STS-12. I wanted to reuse my previous Ag Leader wiring harness if possible rather than purchase a new slightly different one. There were two differences between the STS-10 and the STS-12. The STS-12 has 7 boom sections while the STS-10 had only 5 sections. The STS-12 uses PWM control of the hydraulic spray pump while the STS-10 used a Servo Control.

When either of these sprayers were used with a Raven 4600, the Raven display/controller plugged into the 37 Pin connector. Under the arm rest there are a pair of connectors labelled CHI-4. One of the connectors brings in the boom switch status. The other connector provides the connection to the boom valves but also back feeds the boom switch status back to the 37 pin connector so the Raven knows which sections are ON so that it can do its area and rate calculations correctly. The 37 pin connector also includes the connections to the flow meter and control valve. The Raven 4600 does not have auto section control so the operator needed to make those decisions.

When an Ag Leader system is used, the CHI-4 connectors are disconnected and connected to mates in the Ag Leader harness. Now the side switch status leads to the Auxiliary Input Module which informs the system that the operator feels that it is OK for the selected sections to be ON. This connection no longer directly control the section valves. Another mating connector attaches to the other of the CHI-4 connectors. This allows the Liquid Control Module to actually Open the valves as it believes appropriate. By doing this, the Ag Leader can decide whether a section should be ON or OFF. With the connectors mated together as original the side switches were in direct control.

A branch of the Ag Leader harness connects to the original 37 pin connector. This is how the system connects to the flow meter and control valve. Even though the boom pins are present they are not used and there are no mates for them when using the Ag Leader.

For my situation, Ag Leader made a kit for the STS-10 and a somewhat different kit for the STS-12. I believe I have modified my old wiring so that it will work with the newer sprayer. This just amounted to moving a pin or two in the CHI-4 connector mates.

With PWM, it is necessary to provide a manual Pump Switch. This is just a switch in the PWM wire. By breaking that connection with a switch, the operator can insure that the pump does not operate during such times as when the tank is empty or other reasons.

Looking at your pictures, the CHI-4 connectors that I refer to appear to be in the last picture. Note the instructions indicate that one connector is not used and is just left dangling. For my situation that connector would be used. Apparently with the Deere implementation, the side switches are no longer used? In my situation, the side switches are used and become inputs to the system.

Hopefully my comments don't confuse the issue since the Ag Leader and Deere controllers are wired differently.

Edited by tedbear 1/15/2024 15:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)