AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marking Buried Pipelines with Incommand 1200
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ncianotiller
Posted 1/13/2024 17:14 (#10572329 - in reply to #10570974)
Subject: RE: Marking Buried Pipelines with Incommand 1200

I have same thing on a Roxor. I had NG pipelines located by Northern in 2022 for tiling project. Didn’t get project started due to freezing and other complications. I drove the flagged lines with Roxor /1200/6500 and recorded as a new curved guidance line and also surveyed the line as you would a tile line in the WWM (Water Management Module) You do not need a WWM to survey. I labeled them as NG lines.

This fall I had Northern out for locates. I drove to and then over the line stopping over an old flag using my monitor. Northern then “located” the line and probed for depth. They were 31 feet west and 13 inches shallower than the flag from locate done in 2022 that I had parked the Roxor over. I asked them if they were sure of their locate. Could they locate it another 50 feet down line? They asked yes, why? I backed the Roxor up and showed them the flag. They could not explain how pipeline had “moved”. I could, they didn’t operate their location equipment correctly and probed a rock. I was sure glad I did not trust those Northern employees with locates. We were so dry we could hardly probe due to small rocks not moving it was so hard and dry.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)