AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marking Buried Pipelines with Incommand 1200
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/13/2024 08:20 (#10571252 - in reply to #10570974)
Subject: Here's how I mark drainage tile lines

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have used my Ag Leader displays to mark tile lines. I want to be able to use different colors for different size lines and situations.

I create a fake planter configuration and give it a distinctive name. I use a fairly small width for the planter but not too small since I want the coverage to be visible even though it may be out of scale.

The reason I use a planting configuration rather than a tillage configuration is that in a planting configuration, the operator has the ability to change "varieties" within the field. I chose a crop that we don't plant such as cotton or peanuts. I name my varieties with descriptive names such as "Old Main", "2024-4 Inch", "2024-8 Inch", "2024-12 Inch Main" etc.

I choose the field and "variety" I then drive over the lines starting and stopping the mapping with the screen icon. I switch "varieties" as I encounter the various situations. It is often helpful to picture frame the area with a line of its own named "Outside Edge" or something of the like. Then when the map is viewed or printed the outside picture frame gives a nice point of reference and scale.

No modules are needed to use the planter configuration. I sometimes do this with a tractor just driving about without an implement since the GPS and InCommand are already installed there and then it is not necessary to move anything around. The tractor is higher up and nice and stable.

Edited by tedbear 1/13/2024 08:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)