AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Roll up trailer doo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/12/2024 02:04 (#10569124 - in reply to #10569053)
Subject: RE: Roll up trailer doo

They wear worse than slider doors. Because you have lots more wear points. Every roller will create a wear point on track. Then at some point rollers will fall out of door panels because of wear. However tracks stay lined up for the most part between the roof and door transition.

The worst part of having a roll up door is if you haul saddle horses and ride half draft horses. Real easy to cut your saddle cantle if not careful loading horse. Neighbor cut his brand new saddle first time loading a half draft. This was 20 years ago, at the time his saddle cost over 5 grand. He wasn't proud of himself that day. As soon as he could he traded trailer off. Never owned another roll-up.

If worried about reaching across to pull door closed when loading outside alley. I've grabbed my shovel to help pull door. However I make a metal hook and try to keep one in every truck. We take a old branding iron, cut brand off, bend a hook in end. Use that hook to help latch/unlatch trailer hitch. Also use it to help pull ropes off cow if we loaded cow in trailer. Use that hook to reach across alley opening to pull slider closed so not sticking arm in there.

Bonus use is use same hook to open cows mouth to check for gummers at preg. checking time. Just got to remember to leave hook on truck. They seem to grow legs and walk off.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 1/12/2024 02:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)