AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Only 3’ of silage left
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/12/2024 02:22 (#10569128 - in reply to #10568961)
Subject: RE: Only 3’ of silage left

I agree Garvo, until a person is loading those cows up a trailer or working down the chute for the last time. It brings a lump to your throat. Last week we worked my neighbors herd. My one son preg. checked, other two sons helped run chute and shots. I retagged them for the Corp that bought the cows. They moved cows out of state. My son helped truck them.

It brought a bigger lump in my throat, as well a two other neighbors there helping. It even brought tears to my eyes, as my boy's girlfriend was helping as she asked me about what future held for the outfit. One neighbor commented, he remembered another day like this when he helped sell my milk cows out.

Last night my oldest son stopped in house. Told me about how current dairy prices in the 16 dollar range. That made me sick to my stomach. Told him and my wife, glad I don't have that battle to fight. He then told me lots of dairymen are still trying to payoff last years feed bill. Hay hit 300 dollars a ton here.

Dave, I commend you and your family as ran the cleanest dairy/farm I've ever seen. Wish you was our neighbor, you would shame us into being better operator's.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)