AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Great Plains 2000 Drill monitoring options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WinstonWolf
Posted 1/10/2024 09:58 (#10566368 - in reply to #10566252)
Subject: RE: Great Plains 2000 Drill monitoring options

Southern MN
I have a 3 section 36 row drill, 6 sensors, 2 per hopper. Ag Leader 1200. You need to set it up as a new PLANTER, otherwise you don't get the seed monitoring/population. I set it up as 36 rows and the correct spacing, but then went back into the configuration and moved the sensor rows around to represent where they actually were on the drill (so I could tell which hopper to adjust if needed and where it would actually stop planting). Then I disabled the sensors for every row I didn't have a sensor on. When I was planting, it seemed to be working all correct; I was reading the population I expected. The only thing I didn't like is the coverage map only shows planting on the rows that are turned on. However, now when I go back and look at the reports on my Ipad, it's all screwed up.

For example, target rate and planting rate was something like 135k/acre. One field now shows all 6 rows right next to each other on the map, and the population is 91k. On a couple other fields, the maps shows the sensors in the correct position, but the population is 567k. I think there is something corrupt in the files that transferred to the Ipad, because it was correct in Agfiniti this summer before I sucked them into the ipad. Not trying to discourage, I think this is a me problem only.

Bottom line, you can do it with your 1200, you just need to set it up as a planter, not a drill.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)