AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starfire reciever to Ag Leader display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gpsdude
Posted 1/5/2024 10:54 (#10558663 - in reply to #10558567)
Subject: RE: Starfire reciever to Ag Leader display

NE South Dakota Clark, SD
Haybale - 1/5/2024 09:53

Could someone clarify to me if I can use a 7000 Starfire reciever to feed an Ag Leader display? Planter is currently set up for Ag Leader integra, new to me planter tractor 7730 JD autotrac ready. Wanting to use JD guidance on the tractor and keep the integra planter setup.

Previous search looks like I'd just need an ag express cable and change the Starfire to output the correct signal.

Ag leader dealer says this will not work well as JD uses polar north and Ag leader uses directional north? He is wanting to sell me a steer command system to run the tractor off Ag Leader. Looking like around $4000 to add the original steer command, if we can find a harness as they are no longer made, or new Z2 and 1200 for around $11,000.

You are correct on the cable you need and changing output to what Ag Leader needs. It has been a few years since I have set one up, but I think it used to be 38400 baud GGA,VTG 5 hz. Your Ag Leader dealer is partially correct. The displays calculate AB lines differently using Polar vs directional north. GPS positioning is from the receiver and should not be affected. If you are planting with the JD lines and transfer them to Ag Leader for your sprayer or combine you more than likely will have problems with lines matching up.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)