AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some Keto Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/3/2024 06:01 (#10554994 - in reply to #10554568)
Subject: RE: Some Keto Questions

Pittsburg, Kansas
I don't remember exactly when I hit my lowest weight but I think it was probably around 9 months to lose the 100 pounds I lost.

Wife has stalled out now for almost 5 years losing total about half the pounds she desires. So it has been successful for her but not near to the degree as me. But both our health improved way before a lot of weight was lost and kept improving as more weight dropped off.

As I said before, we went in it for weight loss and were surprised at how quickly some health benefits came about. It is now my belief we improved our diet with low carb (for us low enough carbs to make it ketogenic) and that improved our health. Then the improved health allowed our bodies to naturally regulate its own weight as all other animals are able to do eating a proper diet for their species.

I believe modern diets with excessive amounts of highly processed foods that contain lots of seed oils, refined carbohydrates, and more specifically table sugar and foods and drinks with high amounts of fructose are the major culprits. It is these high energy, low satiety foods that cause us to over eat. Satiety and low insulin levels are the keys in my opinion. Eat foods that meet those two requirements and the body will seek a normal weight, in my opinion.

Wife and I have always eaten all we wanted. Never went hungry or tried to limit calories (edit: while on this low carb diet - wife tried many times previous of various calorie restriction diets with short term a bit of success but longer term failure). We just changed WHAT we ate on the low carb diet. And we eat plenty!

Edited by John Burns 1/3/2024 09:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)