AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4640 display and boundary fill with RTK boundaries.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cyclones30
Posted 12/27/2023 09:50 (#10543576 - in reply to #10543218)
Subject: RE: 4640 display and boundary fill with RTK boundaries.

Midwest

CMCC - 12/27/2023 05:15 I have JD radio based RTK on my farm. And 7-8 years ago I drove all my boundaries and waterways so both planter row clutch systems would work properly. System has worked very well. Now I have upgraded to a couple 4640 displays for 2024 and am very excited to try boundary fill for the first pass around the perimeter of the field. All my work I have been doing is in Apex but after harvest I backed up all my data and got it in the ops center. I was at an ops center meeting this summer and the guy acted like I would have to redue all my boundaries in ops with the 4640 display when I got it. Did I misunderstand him? Why would my RTK boundaries need redone? Or did he mean if I dropped RTK based acccuracy and went to SF3 the boundaries would need redone? Thanks

If your base has never moved or been changed you're still fine. Changing displays has nothing to do w/ your GPS accuracy. 

You don't necessarily need Op Center either to load the boundaries into the Gen 4. The boundary track is made in the display. You will need OC to read the data back out of the Gen 4 though so good that you got moved at some point. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)