AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4640 display and boundary fill with RTK boundaries.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 12/27/2023 06:51 (#10543271 - in reply to #10543218)
Subject: RE: 4640 display and boundary fill with RTK boundaries.

NEND

If you were happy with your boundaries before, and you are still using RTK, you shouldn’t have to redo them. The boundary fill works fine. I have mixed feelings about using it on my square fields. Over the years since I first got RTK, I have tried to get my fields squared up on both sides if possible. Not all of them are close enough to accomplish that, but many are. I like to do that so overlap is even. And the straight guidance lines on the edges are straight, if you have a little kink in your boundary, it’s going to be there if you let it steer you with the boundary fill track. If you don’t have square edges (or don’t care if your passes along the edge aren’t straight), it will work fine for you. Another option would be to use swap track to change to the straight A/B line on the side where you want to start planting. You could even use the Boundary Fill to make your straight line as shown in the video here. You could lift the planter on the side where you want to create the straight A/B line and make the straight line and use that line to actually plant that first pass. For fields with a lot of curves on the edges, Boundary Fill is very handy. In our area, there are a lot of trees along the edges of fields. If you have poor signal on the edges, it obviously won’t work very well, but that is something you have to deal with regardless. If you intend to use Turn Automation, my experience with that is I feel I need to make three passé with the planter to make it work very well (44’ planter). Unless they come out with an update for this year, I could not make it bring the planter in as good as I wanted without having the planter outside the boundary when I turned around. I couldn’t ever get the tractor to do a light bulb style turn like it shows on the display.
that was more than you asked for, but it’s all related somewhat to Boundary Fill

https://youtu.be/NJ0napKaGuI?si=bG5Vi29s5Y2pMSBY

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)