AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Migrant farm help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 12/10/2023 17:33 (#10518641 - in reply to #10518406)
Subject: RE: Migrant farm help

coast of Maine
Farm2182,you should not try this alone.I have used an agent for 35 seasons.I have been thru the wringer with the feds way back.Realize that the H2A program is a politically moved program>generally speaking the dems dislike and the repub respect.There are crazy rules you cannot change.The time cards even are different,Save them for a decade as well.Comp is required.All locals whom apply need to be hired.When old clinton went to puerto rico he told them send your guys as they are American workers and can get all the h2a jobs,,they did,,cost me almost a decade of lawsuit issues.I am a calmer wiser man now.Treat the crew exceptionally and they will return for decades..The nice life,,,1200$ a week here for 6 months,,home to relax or small farm for 6 months in nice weather.Puerto Ricans are American workers and allowed that job when ever they walk in the door,,,so is billy the drug addict,,,but they dont last ,,you need extra housing for the occasional show up guy...very few last ,,,but one of my very best guys was a walk on due to my H2A ads.You will have over 20 $ an hour with all costs.BUT,,,they are always there at start time in the AM.If you drop me an email I will give you a contact who is an agent,,I do not know your area,,he will tell you who to use where you live.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)