AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI T40 vs XAG p100 pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 12/4/2023 20:10 (#10510303 - in reply to #10504183)
Subject: RE: DJI T40 vs XAG p100 pro

Southern Missouri
I may be wrong but I think you can use an apple screen much larger than a phone , iPad etc, also where he talks about swath width , y’all have seen how many times I’ve put on here about the effectiveness of looking at how you’re swath pattern is when desiccating green leaved soybeans with gramoxone on any 80 degree day , in 24 hours you can see where every particle landed, if you take a 32 ft swath with the t 40 we had you’ll streak the crap out of it , we wound up doing 26 ft swath and played with the height above canopy from there ,everything stayed at two gallon per acre ,but never went back to anything wider than 26 ft , I would recommend anyone starting out to find something growing green that can be desiccated with a quick kill product and practice your swath and your wind speed and direction desires, we spray desiccant on nearly ever acre of our soybeans each year , you can learn a heck of a lot about any aerial application doing that with gramoxone on soybeans, we sold our t40 and are going to the pro 100 next year , pro 100 folks spent time at our farm this fall demonstrating to us their pro 100 and we made the decision to switch , in my opinion that really doesn’t mean much right now , but a year from now we should have a good opinion on which machine we like the best , there were a few issues with our t40 that took a little time to get ironed out and agri spray drones were great at helping but the issues were really pretty hard for everyone to track and could be laid at quality control problems feet.

Edited by sloughclub 12/4/2023 20:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)