AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Uric acid, fructose, Alzheimer's and high blood pressure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/30/2023 09:33 (#10503502 - in reply to #10498604)
Subject: Parkinson's disease

Pittsburg, Kansas

Some people might accuse me of being a hypochondriac because of all the different diseases I bring up for discussion. Although I don't take any prescription medications (other than eye drops for glaucoma) I do take a few supplements. So I suppose it is something I should consider and avoid being.

But the reality is as I age there are some functions that slightly concern me. Memory not as good as I would like. A few tremors that I have had for years (but much better since diet change), some probable nerve damage since my motorcycle accident with concussion and since then a feeling that my legs to not work like they used to. So I do have some valid concerns. So when it comes to things that might be associated I try to learn about them...........just in case. Being forewarned is being forearmed. 

I ran across these two videos that I have watched yesterday and today and thought they were so good I would share the links. These have to do specifically with Parkinson's disease. They are both pretty long. Only for those interested, if not it is easy to just skip my posts.

I put it in this thread with Alzheimer's because they are both associated with brain disfunction and degradation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_zg3iTi0M0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBNNIIDBIYU&t=292s

The Q&A after the presentation in the second link is priceless. Also talks about some medications that are helpful.

Edit: I was actually tested for Parkinson's probably ten or fifteen years ago. The doctor didn't think I had it based on his evaluation at that time. My brother also has tremors so he thought it was probably a genetic thing that a certain percentage of people have. 

Edited by John Burns 11/30/2023 09:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)