AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Family tension
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

timis
Posted 11/24/2023 09:25 (#10494800)
Subject: Family tension

Iowa
Kinda looking for some input here.

Mom and dad have 4 kids, I’m the local one. Have a sister 3 hrs away, another younger brother 10 hrs away, another older brother 8 hrs away. The sister and younger brother make it home 1-3 times a year, all 3 of us get along well. The other brother has shown up 1 time in 10 years, his wife is not very nice at all to the parents- she’s a city girl and just thinks we’re all poor hillbillies. (Which is funny cause I’d put my balance sheet up against them any day) Mom and dad are doing everything they can to have a relationship with the grandkids, but are really being pushed away (by her)- many times gifts mom/dad send are thrown away before kids get them. Last time they (mom/dad) were in the area his wife was like “we can meet you at a restaurant for an hour, then you need to leave”. Well needless to say this really hurts mom. So it’s gotten to the point that the sister is ready to call him out, same with my wife. I figure that’s gonna just burn the bridge worse- which realistically it’s not there anyway, but I’m gonna have to deal with a land buyout with them involved. Really sucks, they (mom dad) raise a good kid and he earns all the money, and the wife just plans on how to spend it- definition of a female dog as far as I’m concerned. Like my sister said yesterday- it’d be one thing if they were poor, but they go to Florida multiple times a year, go to her folks for every holiday. Last year they drove by on i29 about 50 miles away en route to the black hills. I think there’s 6 cousins that they haven’t met. My brother is pretty meek, I don’t think there’s a problem between him and the siblings, but he has no balls to tell his wife anything. I don’t always agree with my in laws, and many times it hasn’t been where I wanted to be, but it’s important to have a relationship with them, and for grandchildren to know their grandparents. Last time they were out his kids were afraid to walk on the grass and his wife went through a 1/2 gallon of hand sanitizer- so they are pretty soft.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)