AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Simple acts of kindness.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Tractor Mountain
Posted 11/21/2023 09:41 (#10490698)
Subject: Simple acts of kindness.

Mountains of Colorado and Montana
There are still plenty of good people out there.
Feel free to share any similar stories you have.

A family friend wants me to share this as it touched her heart. She and her husband have fought some tough health battles. He can no longer drive and was hospitalized for two weeks this year alone. She wasn’t sure he’d survive. Her knees are worn out and painful. That has put a damper on her little resale business that provided additional income.

The husband has to live on a restricted diet since coming very close to death this year. Recently, his wife (our family friend) found some low salt chips at a great price in the closest town. If you purchase four bags the price is under $2 each. The husband can barely walk and she’s trying to take care of him as best she can. He likes those chips so she made a special trip to town just to purchase four bags and nothing else.

When she made her way to the cash register at the store with the four bags of chips, there was a male customer standing at the register with his items to purchase. He turned and saw her behind him with only four items. The man told the clerk he was paying for her items and for her to put her items ahead of his. That way she wasn’t having to stand a while and wait on all his purchases. She graciously thanked the man and walked out of the store with the bags of chips for her disabled husband at home. The man’s simple act of generosity touched her to the extent it was all she could do to keep from crying as she made her way across the parking lot and to her vehicle.

My proof of honest people still existing is how an online order was delivered to the wrong address after dark. I very much needed this item and had ordered it well in advance of running low on a medical related item. The online order showed “delivered” but that was not accurate. I had hoped the wrong recipient would just put it in the mailbox instead of keeping it. Days later the package still hasn’t shown up so I began to just accept it was gone for good. But,…. yesterday, low and behold a package with handwriting and a circle on the label arrived.

An honest individual received my order by mistake and sent it back so I’d get it. A week or so late I received the order and it was unopened. There’s some proof for you. :)

Edited by Tractor Mountain 11/21/2023 12:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)