AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray Drones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 11/22/2023 20:20 (#10492835 - in reply to #10492774)
Subject: RE: Spray Drones

Southern Missouri
I’ve put it in the drone section of agtalk many times , your not going to see better swath pattern results anywhere than desicating about 1/2 green soybeans with gramoxone, we do nearly all of our soybean acres , being as far south as we are it’s nearly 80 degrees or better the time of year we do it , in 24 hours you can see where every single droplet of spray hit the soybeans , before two years ago we did them all with plane , two years ago about 1/2 with plane and 1/2 with t 40 , this year every acre with t 40 , no comparison in plane pattern and drone pattern if there’s anybody’s other crop close or a house or a tree line or high line poles , by the way I understand completely why a spray plane pilot is not going to get anywhere near someone’s crop or house at a 160 mph with a tank load of gramoxone, don’t blame them a bit ,drone pattern very close to what a ground rig would be , we’re precision leveled and furrow irrigated every sq ft we farm , soybeans are matted , no way to run a ground rig , soybean desication is done to 15 percent moisture soybeans to get the butter beans to hull out in the rotor and thresh when field average moisture will be around 13 percent, if we don’t desicate and wait on the butter beans to hull by natural dry down , we get a majority of the beans running 9 percent, we hate threshing beans at 9 percent therefore we desicate , we only do our own and can do 300 acres a day pretty easy , plenty to keep ahead of combine , coups trailers look good and I’m sure his new ones will be even better , we’re redoing ours this year also and bought our drone same place as him , sold our t40 and going to a xag 100 pro this year don’t ask me exactly why but we are , same dealer selling them also ,resale of 1 year old t40 was easy

Edited by sloughclub 11/22/2023 20:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)